The Social Care Network
Aunt Bertha has the largest and most widely used social care network in the country, with at least 1,203 resources in each and every county. This means that every referral is made on a living network that’s up and running. Over the last decade our network has grown to over 440,000 locations (and increasing daily)! Likewise, our direct engagement with many of these programs through onsite collaboration and claimed website listings is growing significantly in alignment with our mission of supporting nonprofits and other organizations that serve critical needs in their communities.
In the spirit of open access, we’re sharing key metrics and data about our living network below. We’re excited for you to explore the incredible impact that Aunt Bertha has had nationwide, helping millions of people connect to programs and services to get the help they need.
Explore Our Connections
The interactive map below illustrates our comprehensive coverage of social care programs in every US county, including state and national programs. We’ve invested time and focus over the last ten years on creating and maintaining an updated network of social care programs. Our data operations team maintains the highest-quality and most widely-used social care network available.
Select any county to view the breakdown of program categories (such as housing and financial assistance) and use the map filter to select interactive geographic areas.
- The program figures shown in each county include the number of parent organizations, not individual office locations. There may be more than one office location in a given county.
- In the chart shown in the map tooltip (rollover), categories are not mutually exclusive. Many programs address multiple social care needs, such as those that offer both housing and work search services.
- To download data, select the “download” icon in the footer toolbar. If the download icon is disabled, click anywhere on the map worksheet and try again. The data download will include variables shown on the map dashboard including county and program counts.
Program Growth and Engagement 2011-2020
Aunt Bertha has led a decade-long journey to catalog and engage social care programs across the country, growing from about 10,000 program locations in 2011 to over 440,000 in 2020. Highlight any of the data points in the chart to see the total number of program locations in our network within each calendar year.
Our network represents a two-way relationship with social care programs and organizations: nonprofit programs and organizations can claim their listing on our network, as well as use our free tools and resources. Our community outreach team has fostered a steady increase in program engagement through support of network organizations, resulting in continuous growth of claimed program locations.
User Search Activity
- Search counts by state include searches from 2015 through 2020.
- Category search breakdown is based on data from the previous four quarters and includes a subset of searches that can be mapped to a top level category (such as food or health).
- The category breakdown is a type of chart called a tree graph. The size and color density of the category block represents the category proportion of overall search volume.
- Free-text search terms are grouped into the appropriate top level category where possible and are included in the overall category percentage but are not shown in the list of specific terms.
- Free-text search terms, program searches, and other search types are grouped into the ‘Other’ category shown in the category breakdown.
- The category percentages shown help demonstrate the volume of searches in a top level category but should be used as an approximation, as the category grouping methods are regularly updated.
Awareness and engagement with the Aunt Bertha platform has grown organically through on-the-ground partnerships with community organizations, health systems, and universities, and has been shared by individuals looking to get help directly on the free Aunt Bertha website. The map below shows the growth in users since 2011 across the continental United States (organized by county).
- User searches are tracked on the Aunt Bertha website through browser cookies.
- Searches using the Aunt Bertha API are excluded.
- Searches prior to 2015 are estimated based on program locations due to limited tracking.
Have specific reporting needs?
Every organization has different needs when it comes to reporting on social care. Schedule a demo to learn how Aunt Bertha can help you gain deeper insight.